Hanging baskets - Knowledgebase Question

Baytown, TX
Question by Jcarr72
I live in Houston, Texas. I believe we are in zone 9. What types of plants would you suggest for my hanging baskets? One of them gets almost direct sun while the other is in the shade at times. I want something that is flowing and does not need to much water. I'm thinking lantana but I am not a big fan of this plant. HELP!

0

Jamie,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Some plants for your hanging basket include Setcreasea (Purple Heart),
Calibrachoa, trailing petunias, Purslane (in the sunny spot) and Ornamental Sweet Potato Vine (especially the dwarf type called the Sweet Caroline series).

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"