Fireglow Japanese Maple - Knowledgebase Question

Rochester Hills,, MI
Question by mengnick
I purchased a Japanese Maple(Fireglow) in the first week of May in Rochester Hills' Home depot store and planted it in the front of my home (face to west). Recently, I noticed that some leaves are dying. I don't know why. If possible, can you help me to figure out the issue?

0

It is normal for newly transplanted trees and shrubs to show some signs of stress. Wilting and dropping leaves are common signs but, as soon as the root system becomes established, it should perk up. Be sure to water deeply once a week to help it adapt to its new home. Fireglow Japanese Maple is more sun tolerant than other Japanese maples, but on the west side of your home where it will get hot afternoon sun (and possibly reflected heat from your house?) it may be under additional stress, especially if it was in a shadier spot at the nursery. If you keep your tree watered regularly, it should overcome these new conditions and adapt to its new home.

Best wishes with your new tree!