nikko blue hydrangea - Knowledgebase Question

Dalhart, Tx
Question by lehmansindal
My husband purchased 2 nikko blue hydrangea's for me for Mother's Day. My question is will they bloom all summer or just for a little while. Is there anything I can do to help them bloom all summer?

0

Kristy,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

They should bloom well into the summer. A new plant may be a bit more limited in bloom time than a larger, established one will be. The main thing you can do is to maintain moderate soil moisture to prevent drought stress. Fertilize monthly with a soluble product such as Miracle Gro or Miracid at the label rate.