Something's digging up my annuals - Knowledgebase Question

Indianapolis, In
Question by icecrzy
We plant annuals in a raised flower bed as well as pots for the patio every year. However we have had something digging in them recently & digging out the recently planted flowers. I believe it is a chipmunk, but I am not 100% sure. What can I do? We've tried cayenne pepper, but it has to be reapplied every time the plants are watered. Please help!!

0

If it's in the raised beds and containers that the chipmunks are the biggest problem, why not take a piece of chicken wire cut to the size of the planting area, and lay it down on the soil. Plant your flowers, cutting the chicken wire where necessary to get your bedding plants in, and cover the wire with a little mulch. Then the chipmunks won't be able to burrow into and uprooting the flowers.