HOME GROWN ORANGE TREE - Knowledgebase Question

South Houston, TX
Question by diazvictoria
MY TREE BEARED FRUIT FOR 3 YEARS,NO I DID NOT GET BLOSSOMS ,SO NO FRUIT NOW IT LOOKS LIKE ITS DYING. I TEND TO IT THE SAME WAY EACH YEAR, WHAT IS HAHPPENING NOW AND WHAT CAN I DO TO SAVE THE TREE. I GET NICE SIZE ORANGES AND JUICY. THANKS IRENE

0

Irene,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

It is difficult to diagnose the orange tree's problem based on those symptoms alone. It could be due to soggy soil conditions or damage from a weed killer such as a lawn weed and feed. It may also be an insect or a soil borne disease. You might try contacting your Harris County Extension Office to see if they have any other ideas.