Care of a Hibiscus tree - Knowledgebase Question

Lumberton, NC
Question by lpgalacci
I recently purchases a hibiscus tree and the leaves are turning yellow and falling off. What can I do to save this plant?

0

It is not unusual for a newly planted hibiscus to develop yellowing leaves and may well just be some transplant shock from which it will recover in time with good care (proper watering and fertilizing). Don't let the soil get dry or keep it too wet either. Hibiscus buds are very prone to dropping, especially if your plant is under stress from too much or too little water, excessive fertilizer, thrips or other stress factors such as transplanting shock. Also, some varieties (particularly doubles) are more prone to bud drop. Again, I suspect all this will clear up in time with good care. Thanks for the question. Please stop in again soon!