Dying - Knowledgebase Question

south holland, IL
Question by ljones911
I just purchased some NewGuinea Impatiens Harmony and Gerbera daisy. The same day I got them I put them in a differernt pot only having them for three days they have withered up and seem to be dying. Should I take them back or give more time? Yes, I have put water and they get enough sun as well.

0

It isn't unusual for newly transplanted plants to go through an adjustment period; wilting and yellowing of leaves are common reactions. In a few days they should snap out of it. I would shelter them from hot afternoon sunshine, just to help them along with the adjustment. If the flowers die on the Gerberas, cut the flowering stems off. As soon as the plant recovers it will develop new flowering stems. If the plants do not perk up in 7-10 days, they may be candidates for replacement. Let's hope for the best!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"