chipmunk control - Knowledgebase Question

Denville, NJ
Question by alice108
The chipmunks are destroying my gardens. There are holes everywhere--my bulbs must be disappearing by the minute. They are becoming a huge nuisance. At this point, I am not against destroying them, and I generally don't kill anything! I can not get rid of their homes since it is in a rock wall. I also do not like the holes along the edge of the patio. I know it is chipmunks because I have seen them doing their handiwork.

Chipmunks can damage stone walls and patios by undermining the underlayment as well as eating a number of plants. Their population tends to be cyclical, in that it peaks and then naturally declines again. Here is a discussion of this you may find interesting.

You may find the following information helpful in terms of controlling them or limiting the damage. Although it mentions mothballs, these are not recommended for use outside.

I hope this helps.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"