problem with Euginia - Knowledgebase Question

fruitland park, fl
Question by rjsjas4ever
i pot planted two euginias, Both are in almost identical locations but, one of them is in decline. It has begone to defoiliat from the bottom pom [one of three} up but only on one side. I planted them in scotts moisture control potting soil and I turn them for even sun lite. I cannot figure out why one has done this and the other is fine. The leaves first appear to dry up then fall off the plant I can find no sign of insects and I meter test for moisture to make sure they both are evenly moist. Its got me stumped.

0

Rick,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Those symptoms on your plants sound like a root problem. Soggy soil conditions can cause this especially if the planting hole is holding water keeping the roots too saturated. Try digging down a few inches into the soil and feel it for moisture content. Allow it to dry out a little more before watering. With better conditions the plant should be able to recover and resume normal growth.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"