injurious perennials - Knowledgebase Question

allison park, pa
Question by jfweixel
I have purchased and planted ten Lily Lirio Vigoro plants from my local Home Depot. Recently I have read that they may be injurious if any plant part touches the mouth area. Also, in very small letters it says to remove the stamens to avoid pollen stains. I have them in my front yard as well as the back. Are these plants a problem and did I goof somehow? Other than planting directions, very little info is offered. Please tell me all you can about this plant. Thank you

0

The information about the pollen stains is intended for flower arrangers or if you wore the lily as a corsage; the pollen will stain.

Lilies are toxic to cats. Information about that is listed as the ASPCA Web site,

http://www.aspca.org/site/Page...

Lilies are widely grown in gardens across the country. Surprisingly, many commonly used landscape plants are toxic. In a brief check I did not find lilies listed as a commonly known toxic plant. However, it is generally wise to avoid eating landscape plants.