My Mimosas - Knowledgebase Question

Hemet, Ca
Question by riverwalk
In Hemet Calif. I have 5 Mimosas or Silk trees. Two have pink blossoms and three were called Flame. Bright red blossoms. The leaves are lacy and the trees have a somewhat umbrella like form.
The flowers have a mild smell. I have seen many of these trees in Calif, but no yellow ones like
you described in a previous question. I am moving to Springfield, Oregon soon, and would like to plant at least one Flame Mimosa in by yard, how will they take to the weather there?

0

The yellow flowering mimosa is called Golden Mimosa Tree, Cootamundra Wattle, Bailey Acacia or Acacia baileyana. None of these are hardy in Oregon, but the pink flowering mimosa (Albizia julibrissin) will grow there. Albizia julibrissin 'Flame' is also hardy in Springfield.

Best wishes with your new garden!