Tiny Red Bugs on Hybiscus - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, TX
Question by pvbound
I have 2 outdoor Hybiscus plants about 4' tall in containers that looked great until recently. Now I've noticed lots of tiny, pinhead red bugs at the base and all the way up the center of the plant. They seem to be sucking the plant at all the new branches and leaves are turning splochy, yellow brown and curling from the middle outwards. Any ideas?

0

Lisa,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Those must be some type of stink bug family members. Sprays containing one of the following ingredients will help control those stink bugs:endosulfan, esfenvalerate, or permethrin.