pets and plants - Knowledgebase Question

revere, ma
Avatar for lmjk5
Question by lmjk5
June 4, 2007
I just bought a schefflera arboricola. Is it dangerous for pets? I have a lhasa apso and he keeps trying to eat the leaves.

Answer from NGA
June 4, 2007
According to the ASPCA animal poison control center Schefflera arboricola is a poisonous plant. These plants contain fine, needle-like calcium oxylate crystals within the plant cells, and if ingested, can cause significant mechanical irritation and swelling of the oral tissues and other parts of the GI tract. Based on this, it is advisable to keep Schefflera spp. out of the reach of pets.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Leftwood and is called "Gentiana septemfida"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.