Why are my Peace Liliy's flowers turning brown? - Knowledgebase Question

Question by westbrooksfn
I just bought a nice, small Peace Lily about aweek ago. I did not repot it yet because it didn't seem necessary to do so. The plant looks great and there are a bunch of new flowers beginning to bloom but the mature flowers are turning brown already. Can you please explain this and offer any advise to keep the flowers white? Also should I ever cut the brown flowers off?

As the flowers age on your peace lily they will begin to turn brown. This indicates they should be cut off the plant. The topmost flowers will turn brown first and you can safely remove them to make your plant more attractive. Flowers last about 3 weeks and there's not much you can do to keep them from aging. It might help to increase the humidity around your plant to keep the flowers from drying out too soon.

Best wishes with your flowers!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"