Why is my entire white pine tree turning brown- all of it! - Knowledgebase Question

Sheboygan, Wi
Question by cjbricks
I have a white pine tree that is close to the road and drive way, which was put in 3 years ago, that is turning completely brown- all the needles, the bark, everything. what can I do?

0

Unfortunately, this sounds like a serious situation. When an evergreen browns all over it is possibly fatal. It might be the result of a pest or disease problem, or poor rooting, and/or possibly damage from winter deicing salts. I would strongly suggest you consult with your local county extension and/or on site with a professionally trained and certified arborist to determine what is happening and whether or not the tree can be saved. I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you long distance.