St. Augustine grass - Knowledgebase Question

Orange Park, fl
Question by antoinetteda7
Hi, I previously had a pest and weed service for my lawn, but I decided to try it myself using the scotts lawn products. A couple of weeks ago I applied the Scotts bonus plus and it appears that blades of grass with seed sprouted all over the lawn. I am not sure if they are weeds or the lawn is germinating seeds and this is the way the lawn thickens?

0

Antoinette,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Some lawngrasses can produce seed and that is of no concern. If you are not sure what you have that is seeding, I suggest you take a sample to your County Extension Office and see if they can identify the problem and if necessary prescribe an appropriate remedy.