Crepe Myrtles Affected by Storm - Knowledgebase Question

Austin, TX (Zone 8B)
Question by bevxprs
We had a very bad storm 5 days ago. High wind and rain. Normally my crepe myrtle bend until the leaves dry out. At this point they have not returned to their original positions. I have six 5 year-old Natchez variety trees. There are no breaks or splits in the branches. The leaves and the blooms are fine and look healthy. Help!

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You can lean it up in a better direction. I suggest going a bit past upright as it will move back a little after you remove the guy wire later. Make sure and put a section of water hose through the guy wire to prevent it from cutting into the tree trunk. After a few months you should be able to remove the wire.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"