I just bouht sod and it all died what can i do - Knowledgebase Question

lakewood, nj
Question by liberty672
I just bought about 100.00 worth of sod from homedepot in Tomsriver,nj i asked the sales man how to put it down and followed his instructions now it has all turned brown and looks really bad what do I do now ?

0

Based on your description I am not certain what happened to your sod. In general, sod requires careful soil preparation, correct installation and good follow up care to be successful. You might want to consult with your local Rutgers county extension to troubleshoot your preparation, installation and care procedures.

In the meantime, here is some information about installing and caring for sod. The following web page from Rutgers Cooperative Extension allows you to download a pdf version of their publication "Sodding: Steps to an Instant Lawn." You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.

http://njaes.rutgers.edu/pubs/...

If you feel you are due a refund from the store where you purchased the sod, please contact the store directly. We have no way to address that type of issue through the Q&A service for gardening questions.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"