Lemon Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Cibolo, TX
Question by da_franklins
The lemons on my lemon tree are turning black and falling off, while they are still very small.

0

Angela,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Citrus will drop fruit if it has too heavy of a load and this is natural. It will drop even more when it is stressed. Droughty conditions in the roots are a typical cause of fruit drop. If the tree is young it tends to drop more fruit. This will decrease as the tree gets older and more established.