Oal Tree Disease - Knowledgebase Question

Spring, TX
Question by MikeMcGaffe
I have a 20' Oak tree that has brown spots on it's leaves and then the leaves turn completly brown and fall off. Is there something I can do and/or is this a major concern?
Thanks for your help.

0

Michael,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

That is most likely due to oak leaf blister disease or a similar fungus. It generally doesn't re-attack the tree in the summer so I would not worry about it now. The damage was done when the leaves first were emerging although symptoms showed up much later. The following web page gives more information:

http://sickplants.tamu.edu/doc...