growing from seed - Knowledgebase Question

bryant, ar
Question by lynnlonglynn
What flowers can I grow from seed planting them this month jun or early july and still exspect flowers this year...Can I still plant periennal seeds this month..or biannual seeds? I have both sunny and shady spots...and watering is easy....

0

It is often difficult to get seedlings going in the middle of summer because it is so hot -- not only the air but also the soil -- and this causes stress or prevents germination altogether. And, the plants need to reach a certain maturity before they begin to bloom so there is a time lag. You might try cosmos, it is heat loving and might still germinate in such warm soil. Cutting sunflowers might also work. Your pernenials and biennials would do better planted in late summer.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"