Hummingbird Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Cottage Grove, OR
Question by sweetybeans_
I am interested in planting a garden that attracts hummingbirds. The area is about 4 X 16 and is sunny. Can you tell me what plants would do well in my area? Thanks.

0

Some of the annuals and perennials that hummingbirds find irresistable include Hollyhock, Columbine, Clarkia, Cleome, Delphinium, Foxglove, Gladiolus, Coral Bells, Red-Hot Poker, Cardinal Flower, Fuchsia, Mimulus, Monarda, and Salvia. Butterflies like Ageratum, Hollyhock, milkweed, Asters, Buddleia, Chrysanthemum, Coreopsis, Purple Coneflower, Sunflowers, Daylilies, Lavender, Mint, Bee Balm, Phlox, Salvia, French Marigold, Thyme, Veronica and Zinnia. Try to plant a variety of flowers so you'll have something in bloom all season long and you're sure to attract both hummingbirds and butterflies to your garden.

Enjoy your garden!