Hardy Vine - Knowledgebase Question

Golden Valley, AZ
Question by Jchotinaz
I would like to know if there is any vine plant that grows fast, is very hardy and has flowers on it most of the time from Spring to late Fall. Is cat claw my only choice? I have seen some beautiful vines with huge bright orange flowers. Do you know what this is?

0

I think the orange flowered vine might be a trumpet vine. There is a variety out that is quite colorful. Google Images Campsis radicans to see if that is what you've seen.

Cat claw is indeed one of our toughest vines, but it typically blooms only in spring. White potato vine can bloom throughout the year, although it is not very showy. Yuca vine (Merremia aurea) blooms summer to fall, but is deciduous. Pink trumpet vine blooms from late summer to fall. Lilac vine (Hardenbergia violacea) blooms winter to spring as does primrose jasmine. Lady bank's rose is a spring bloomer.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"