How do I stop tree sprouts from growing? - Knowledgebase Question

Agoura, CA
Question by loisdes
We have a large tree in our front yard. After my son trimmed it one year we have had tree sprouts growing everywhere in our front yard (lawn and gardens). The roots are hard to dig up. Do you sell a product that will stop them?
Thank you

0

There really is no product that will stop the suckers from sprouting without harming your tree. The sprouts were prompted to grow because of the tree pruning - perhaps too much was taken off the top which triggered the tree to produce suckers to remain alive. If the sprouts are in the lawn you can simply mow them down; if they're in the garden, you'll have to pull them up or cut them off. Wish I had a better solution!