Brown dead spots on lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Carencro, LA
Question by bcprofes
What causes these brown spots on the lawn? It appears that weeds and what appears to be some type of round clover are killing the grass. Where can I find out what type of weed(?) is growing in the yard by looking at the picture? Can you help?

0

Barbara,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

I suggest you take a sample to your Parish Extension Office and see if they can identify the problem and if necessary prescribe an appropriate remedy. Their contact info is:
1010 Lafayette Street, Suite 325 ? Lafayette, LA ? 70501 - 6884
Phone: (337) 291-7090