How can I get rid of Dalis Grass? - Knowledgebase Question

Mesquite, TX
Question by terrywhite17
Dalis Grass is taking over my lawn. I have 2 dogs, so chemicals is a concern. Can you suggest a save method to get weeds under control? Of, if pulling them up is best, can you recommend the best tool? I've heard about a

0

Terry,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

You have a couple of options. The weed popper may work okay but I think you'll have to try one on the Dallis grass to know for sure. It's root system and the fact that it is in a lawn make it a little more of a challenge. You can water the lawn or work after a rain when hand pulling or using a weed tool of some type would work easier or better. If you are not able to find a weed popper you might want to try some type of weeding fork or other hand tool designed for removing weeds. I have also dabbed glyphosate (Roundup is one brand) on weeds in my lawn taking care not to get it on the turf for fairly effective results.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"