Madagascar dragon tree - Knowledgebase Question

bradenton, fl
Question by sugarboo911
Hello. All the leaves are falling off my Dracaena Marginata, three of the trunks are actually bare. Can you offer any advice to help save this plant.
P.S-The leaves still look heatly and the correct color, they just won't stay on the plant.

0

Jessica,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Those symptoms on your Dracaena sound like a root problem. Soggy soil conditions, dry soil conditions or the like can all stress them and cause them to drop leaves. Dig down a few inches into the soil and feel it to see if it is dry or moist. Allow the soil to dry out just slightly between waterings. Don't move the plant suddenly between high and low light conditions.