shade shrub or hedge - Knowledgebase Question

SAVANNAH, GA
Question by mwilharm
I HAVE ABOUT 100 FT OF SHADE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO PLANT BUT DON'T KNOW WHAT PLANTS CAN TOLERATE SHADE. THE OTHER SIDE OF THE YARD GETS PARTIAL SUN AND AGAIN I DON'T WHAT TO BUY. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING AT THE STORE, SO THEY DON'T HELP ME. THERE ARE PLENTY O PRETTY ONES BUT CAN YOU HELP ME? THANK- YOU VERY MUCH. mwilharm@comcast.net

0

MaryAnne,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

For shady areas you might consider Japanese fatsia, Gold Dust aucuba, or a Camellia sasanqua. For a bit sunnier areas Bright N Tight cherry laurel or possibly southern wax myrtle would be good.