Planting Seeds,bulbs - Knowledgebase Question

Westfield, IN
Question by ravinigam
I have few questions:

1. What is the right month to plant tulip bulbs and when do they bloom? Is it next year?

2. Are there any flowers that can be planted or seeded for them to bloom during all winter? What are they?

3. Are wild flowers easy to grow? Can I seed them or plant them during the month of June, July in Westfield, Indiana?

Thanks and I know I have too many questions!

H.N.

0

Never too many questions! Tulip bulbs are available for planting in the fall (September, October). They will bloom the following spring. Some winter blooming plants include Crocus and Primroses, and ornamental kale. Wildflowers can be seeded in summer but most won't grow and bloom until the following year. You can find some blooming annuals and perennials at your garden center now. If you plant them now, you'll have color all summer.

Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"