lawn care - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by caryled
please advise what household product can be used to GREEN up lawns. There is one which my neighbor used and I cannot recall the product. Thank you.

0

It may have been household ammonia but that would be only a very temporary quick fix and is an off label use for the ammonia and it is absolutely not recommended. If you have a lawn that is not greening up the way it should, the recommended steps would be to test your soil to check fertility and pH levels, then fertilize and/or lime according to the test results. You might also consider top dressing with compost and core aerating. And of course, drought conditions will keep a lawn from greening up to its full potential. Your local extension service should be able to help you with the soil testing and interpreting the results.