Gardenia health - Knowledgebase Question

Corpus Christi, TX (Zone 9A)
Question by emamagnolia
My gardenia is looking a bit scraggly and has a bit of yellow on it's tips, it bloomed beautifully this past spring but it looks like it needs some help now, I have it in a pot and it is much bigger than when I purchased it...time to repot? or needs some other care?
Thanks,
Emma in cc tx

0

Emma,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Your might want to repot the gardenia if the plant is more than 3 times the width of the pot it is growing in. Keep the soil moist, make sure the plant is in a bright shade location and fertilize with Miracid or a similar product often following label instructions. This should help improve the plant's color.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"