what can i feed tomatoes and Qcumbers for a good crop? - Knowledgebase Question

Crowley, La
Question by dwana
My Qcumbers and tomatoes are not looking too good. What can i feed them to make them hearty and produce well?

0

Dwana,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Start next time by working a handful of bone meal into the bottom of the planting hole for tomatoes or below the seed prior to planting cucumbers. Then feed the plants as they are growing with a lawn food that has nutrients in a 3-1-2 ratio; something like 15-5-10 or 21-7-14. This will encourage strong vigor and production.