Mole Control - Knowledgebase Question

Oakdale, CT
Question by MFH61
What can I do to get rid of moles in my lawn. I don't want to use poisons as I have a well.

0

Moles can be a bother, both in turf and in flower beds. The best solution is to trap the moles. You can do this by discovering which of the tunnels is their main run and placing the trap there. Take a long screwdriver, or an unbent coat hanger and probe the soil until you find a long tunnel. Moles make short tunnels that lead to sleeping quarters and refuse areas. Their main runs are long and often there are two or more. Once you've found a main run, place the trap, cover it up, and exercise patience. Eventually you'll get them all. If it's any consolation, moles like nice healthy, loose soil containing lots of grubs and other insects. It's a complement to your skills as a gardener to have moles visit!