what is it? - Knowledgebase Question

phenix city, al
Question by nelson284719
i planted what i thought was a cucumber but it does not look like it. it has a round shape like a small cantelope but green on the outside and it tastes sweet. it smells like a cucumber.it has seeds the size of a squash.please tell me what it could be....

0

Jason,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

There are some cucumber relatives from places such as Egypt and India that are round. There are also a host of other vegetables/fruits that are related and similar to cucumbers and melons. Your seeds may have been one of these.