Question about house plants - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, TX
Question by michaelpatto
I have a Spath Sensation, similar to a Peace Lily. The end of the leaves are dying. Why is that? Too much or not enough water? Too much or not enough light? Thanks for your help!

0

Michael,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

Both too much and not enough water can damage roots and result in problems in the topgrowth. The most likely cause of your plant's brown leaf tips is either dry conditions or burn from an excessive fertilizer application.