Getting Rid Of Flies - Knowledgebase Question

Pasadena, CA
Question by dougflohr
I operate a restaurant with patio dining and the fly population annoys the guests. What can be done to eliminate or reduce this problem?

0

There's a really nifty trap available that uses no pesticides and is still very effective in reducing fly populations. It's called 'Rescue' and has an attractant that flies can't resist. You add water and hang the trap; the flies go into the trap, can't get out, and drown. Rescue is available through: Sterling International, Inc., P. O. Box 220, Liberty Bay, WA 99019. Phone (800) 666-6766. I suggest siting the traps so they draw flies away from the patio. Also, do what you can to keep your dumpsters/trash cans closed tightly, and suggest the same to your neighbors, since trash is usually "the nursery" for flies. Best of luck!