help - Knowledgebase Question

YUMA, AZ
Question by shannon_scw
I had a beautiful plant in my house that accumulated ants, and lots of them. So, I put the plant outside and after a couple hours the plant was wilted. The leaves aren't really dried out just shriveled. What can I do to bring the green back? And what do I do about the ants?

0

As you've discovered, houseplants cannot tolerate the high temperatures and dry air outdoors when they've been basking in an ideal climate indoors. I don't know whether or not the leaves are permanently damaged by the visit outdoors. They may rehydrate on their own or you may have to cut them off and hope the roots can regenerate some new leaves. In the meantime, I'd repot the plant in fresh potting soil. This should get rid of the ants and their eggs.

Best wishes with your houseplant!