mushrooms - Knowledgebase Question

Question by bgold60
June 30, 2007
how does one get rid of mushrooms growing flower beds on mulch? thank you in advance for your help.

Answer from NGA
June 30, 2007


The mushrooms are a natural part of the decay process whereby the mulch is broken down and eventually helps feed the soil. The mushrooms will not hurt your plants and it is not necessary to remove them (unless you are worried that a child or pet might eat them). They will usually stop on their own once the weather turns drier and/or they have exhausted their food source. In the meantime, turning the mulch or fluffing it up will dry the mulch out and stop the mushrooms from growing.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Inimitable Ice Plant"