Tree Fungus - Knowledgebase Question

Richmond, TX
Question by swyatt
July 3, 2007
I have two trees in my front yard, on the branches it there is some swelling. It's looks like little muscles. What type of fungus is this and is there a product that I can use to get rid of it.

Answer from NGA
July 3, 2007



I can't tell what fungus that is from the description or in fact if it is a fungus. I suggest you take some photos of the swollen areas and if possible a sample to your County Extension Office and see if they can identify the problem and if necessary prescribe an appropriate remedy. Their contact info is:
1402 Band Rd, Rosenberg, TX 77471
The horticulture agent's name is Mark Countryman.

Thanks for the question. Please stop in again soon!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"