Rust edged bloom on roses and several other plants - Knowledgebase Question

Question by turnercharle
My white roses are blooming with rust on the edges..I thought the frost caused it, originally--but later bloom show this edging of

This could be due to an environmental problem such as high humidity or overhead watering, to an insect problem such as thrips, or to a disease problem such as botrytis, or even to a soil problem such as excess salts buildup -- possibly due to overfertilizing or sometimes a lack of calcium in the soil. I would suggest you consult with your local county extension to obtain a more specific diagnosis and based on knowing that, decide how to proceed. If a chemical control is needed, they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to use it for maximum results.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"