How to keep deer from eating flowers? - Knowledgebase Question

Monrta, va
Question by pberger
I have a problem with deer eating everything I plant. Can I put something down to keep them away?
ALso, I wanted to dig up some periennals that I have at another home, when is the best time to dig them up now when I know where they are at are wait till fall after they go die down?

0

Unfortunately, deer can be a challenge if your garden is on their regular browse route. You can try the spray on repellents, be sure to apply and reapply per the label directions, and consider rotating different brands to prevent them becoming used to just one. In the long run, sadly, you may find the most reliable protection against deer is a tall fence.

Bearded iris can be cut back and transplanted about six weeks after they bloom, but most perennials would be better transplanted in early September once the worst of the summer heat has passed. (They will do better if moved so they have a minimum of eight to ten weeks to become rooted before the ground freezes for winter.)

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"