what is it? - Knowledgebase Question

waxahachie, tx
Question by hdfutq5056
I have various colors of dogwood in my yard, but have noticed the deep, darker colors stand out more. I recently was drawn to a flowering tree which has a dark red color. I am not sure what kind of tree it is, but it resembles the dogwood. I am wondering if you know what this might be?

That description doesn't bring any particular tree species to mind. I suggest you take a sample from the tree or a photo of it to your County Extension Office. If you can e-mail them a digital photo they can put it in the Texas Digital Diagnostics system and get a quick reply from a horticultural specialist. Make sure the photos are in crisp, sharp focus and take a distant and a closeup shot. Here's your county office's contact information:

Mark Arnold, CEA-Ag
701 S Interstate Highway 35 E, Waxahachie, TX

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"