Dog spots in Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Yorba Linda, CA (Zone 9B)
Question by mickeybindra
I have a male dog that has caused several burnt spots in my backyard lawn from his Urine. Since I am not always home to hose down where he urinates, I have set my sprinklers to come on every 5 hours for 1 minute in hopes to dilute. Is there anything else I can do to repair and prevent further damage?

Aside from fencing your yard to provide a dog run, there's not much else you can do to prevent the burned spots in your lawn. Diluting the urine with water does help, but I don't know that having the sprinklers come on every 5 hours is actually doing any good. Unless you dog is trained to go a few minutes before the sprinkler comes on, the water may or may not turn on soon enough to dilute the urine before it soaks into the soil.

Wish I had more suggestions!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"