How to control sowbugs - Knowledgebase Question

Warren, MI (Zone 5B)
Question by curious_r_u6
I recently moved to a different after planting my annuals/coleus I noticed holes throughout the leaves of all my daisies first (4 different varieties) then my rose bushes were attacked. HELP how do I control these pests while leaving the yard safe for my dog?

0

Sowbugs usually feed on decaying organic debris and only attack plants if there is a huge population and lots of competition for food. If this is what's happening in your garden, the safest way to control them is to trap them. I use a few sheets of newspaper rolled up into a tube and then dampened. Make several traps and lay them in the garden near the affected plants. Sowbugs will crawl into them at night; in the morning you can simply fold over both open ends and toss the trap into the garbage. Set new traps out every evening and within a week or two you should have eliminated most of the population. If not, continue to lay traps. Eventually you'll get control of sowbugs. This also works for earwigs and slugs - just in case.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"