Potato Bush - Knowledgebase Question

Santa Rosa, Ca
Question by stormyj67
About a week ago I bought this beautiful Potato Bush Tree at my local HomeDepot. I repotted it with rock in the bottom. The leaves are now looking droopy and the plant just isn't looking as perky as it did when I bought it. I also have notice a couple of yellow leaves on it. Is it just going through plant shock and I need to just let it be or am I doing something wrong? The pot sits on top of dirt and it gets sun starting in the early afternoon. It does sit under under a large maple tree but still gets sun. Thank you so much : )

0

As long as the pot you planted it in has adequate drainage holes, and you water thoroughly when the top of the soil dries out, your potato bush tree should be just fine. It prefers to grow in full sunshine, but will grow in part shade. It just won't bloom as prolifically. A few yellow leaves shouldn't cause concern. It could be heat stress or a little stress from transplanting. Be sure that you're not over-watering and that the container drains quickly so you'll avoid root rot. Aside from the above, your plant should recover from the transplanting and adjust to its new home in a matter of weeks.

Enjoy!