Desert Rose - Knowledgebase Question

Scottsdale, AZ
Question by NewYorkEvie
I just purchased a Desert Rose. Please tell me how to take care of it, including when to feed.

0

Adenium obesum is the Desert Rose. A native of East Africa, the desert rose will grow from 6 1/2 to 10 feet in the wild. It has fleshy leaves and beautiful 2-inch pink open-trumpet shaped flowers. It is a succulent, and forms more of a bush than a tree. It needs lots of sunshine and warmth. The total watering needed is similar to crassula, portulaca and other succulents, and it will lose leaves if overwatered. I water mine every 7-10 days in the summertime. Feed monthly during spring and summer with a liquid fertilizer. Fish emulsion is also reported to work well.