Midsummer planting? - Knowledgebase Question

Denver, CO
Question by germbran
Hi and thank you so much! I was wondering if there are things I can still plant this late in the summer. Due to a combination of intimidation (this is my first garden), being out of town a lot up to this point, and, I confess, laziness, I have not planted the dream garden I was intending. I have a medium-sized plot for vegetables and another for perennials, both south-facing. I am renting in the basement of this house, and the yard needs a lot of love (without spending too much money, and the perennials being low-maintenance in case future tenants aren't gardeners). Any suggestions or encouragement? Smiling Thanks so much for your help!

0

You can still plant; perennials and cool season veggies, especially. I've found a website put together by Colorado State University with all kinds of ideas for low maintenance gardening (called Xeriscaping). I'll bet after you visit this site you'll have loads of ideas, plus a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful gardener in Denver. http://www.coopext.colostate.e...

Enjoy your new garden!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"