How to identify type of grass - Knowledgebase Question

Hyattsville, MD
Question by ladydcj50
My lawn has different types of grass. The back yard is still very green and healthy looking. The front yard is brown and dry. Can I use weed and feed NOW to green up my yard? How can I tell what type of grass I have in my yard? How do I reseed my front yard without completely removing the existing grass?

0

Based on your description I am not certain what is happening to your lawn. Excessive browning can be caused by overfertilization or chemical burn, accidental herbicide exposure, lack of water, poor or unusual soil conditions, or a pest or disease problem. I would strongly suggest you work with your state extension service to try to determine what is happening. Based on knowing that, you can figure out how to repair it. There is contact information at their web site including an 800 number to call at

http://www.hgic.umd.edu/

All the best with your lawn problem!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"