New Lawn with weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Jerome, Id
Question by kmaas
I recently planted a new lawn after tilling it and spraying to kill the weeds. My grass is coming up but so are the weeds. Can I spray for the weeds with a new lawn? If so what can I use to get rid of the weeds, it seems there are as many weeds as there is grass (maybe more). Any help would be great. Thanks, Kathie

0

If you pull weeds by hand, you'll get the offending plants without killing your lawn. Remember, though, that it's best to keep off new lawns until they've established themselves, so wait at least a couple of weeks before manual weeding.

Weeds are almost guaranteed to pop up in your new lawn. One of the best strategies is simply to realize they're not going to take over completely, and spray them once your lawn has matured. A good rule of thumb is to wait until you've mowed your new lawn at least three times. After that, you can use a weed and feed to zap those weeds without worry.