getting rid of nut sedge - Knowledgebase Question

RIO RANCHO, Ne
Question by clogersha
this year nut sedge appeared in bare soil areas in my yard. i didnt know what it was until a Master Gardner came and told me. I used a spray especially made for this weed and the plants died out but now that ive put in plants and crushed pecan shells for ground cover im getting fresh sprouts of the sedge. I am digging them up getting as much of the root as possible and also the rizome if i can. i go out every morning and evening and dig out all fresh sprouts...besides this should i try to spray the sprouts with that weed killer i used before?

0

Herbicides will slow it down, but you'll need repeated applications to kill the weeds for good. Use the same weed killer you used before and eventually you will get rid of the pesky weed.